- Names are not enough to ensure credit for your work and are inadequate for reliably connecting researchers with their research outputs.
- Register for your unique and free ORCID iD at orcid.org/register.
In this short survey we seek your awareness of and views on ORCID, the non-profit organization that provides researchers with a free set of online tools to register for a unique digital name identifier and to connect these ORCID identifiers (iDs) to research activities, affiliations, and other iDs.
- Learn how the ORCID identifier can ensure that your publications, datasets, and other research outputs are connected with you every time:
- Check the wider social impact of your research using your ORCiD ID
- Effective Strategies for Increasing Citation Frequency | Ale Ebrahim | International Education Studies via Hilton Gibson
- Some publishers do not permit the archiving of your article in institutional repositories if they have published it:
Communities in DUT IR
Select a community to browse its collections.
Academic Support 
Research Institutes 
How do I use my living and lived experience to influence creative economic independence in others? (2013)Due to the high levels of unemployment in Durban South Africa, the New Venture Creation (NVC) groups I coached/mentored were seeking to become self-employed, to find social and economic independence. I have observed that ...
Addressing the skills shortage of computer-aided design pattern-making in the KwaZulu-Natal clothing industry (2014-11)Over the past 20 years, it has become necessary for South African clothing companies to raise their operational standards to keep up with international competitiveness. Consequently, it was necessary for companies to ...
(2015)Introduction: Participation of young females in soccer has started to increase in the past few years. Females participating in soccer are more vulnerable to injuries than males due to the nature of the sport especially ...
Factors influencing the uptake of the revised expanded immunisation programme at Umlazi township, KwaZulu-Natal (2015)Brief background: The Expanded Programme on Immunisation (EPI) is one of the most powerful and cost-effective public health programmes to improve child survival. In South Africa the programme remained fragmented because ...
(2015)Introduction: A Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) is a specialist flying emergency service where on-board medical personnel have both the knowledge and equipment to perform complicated medical procedures. There ...